Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Day of the Jackal

Yesterday Gautham, Nagesh and me had gone to Hesarghatta to shoot Kestrel and Montagu Harrier (Montagu & Marsh). We reached quite early. It was indeed an eventful trip, which i will not be able to cover in a single post! The biggest suprise though was the Jackal pair. While Gautham knew about their presence from INW, for me it was a complete surprise. We were trying to shoot Montagu harrier female and suddenly Gautham shouted Jackal. There were not one but a couple, and we were hard pressed to decide what to shoot. Though i shot several shots of the Jackal, during post processing i was really disappointed for not having any better quality pics. Anyway here are couple of images.



I kind of like the next image, though it is not as sharp as i would like, because of the habitat that is seen.



There are several lifers for me in this trip, like Montagu harrier, Marsh Harrier and Steppe Eagle which i will post later.

2 comments:

  1. "Shouted"? - I thought I whispered :) Nice image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha.. i stand corrected. Gautham didnt shout, just whispered.

    ReplyDelete